If you live in the Western New York area and are thinking about changing careers, but are intimidated by the process or have other questions, then you may benefit by attending the Career Planning and Training Workshop given by the N.Y. State Department of Labor. The one-day workshop will begin at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 21 at the Williamsville Department of Labor.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
- What occupations are in demand as compiled by N.Y. State
- How to research careers including wage information, training, and the number of job openings per occupation
- What you need to know about yourself in order to choose the career best for you
- How to set achievable goals
- How to obtain funding to train for a new career
If you are interested in participating, please email Michele M.Taylor, Employment Counselor at the Department of Labor at michele.taylor (at) labor (dot) state.ny.us. Space is limited to 15 attendees; however high interest may determine the possibility of another workshop being held in the future, so please be sure to e-mail Ms. Taylor.
The Williamsville Department of Labor is located at 4175 Transit Road, near Main Street, behind Chili’s Restaurant in Williamsville, N.Y.